A personal injury is one that occurs to a person's physical self, not to their property or reputation. In order to make a personal injury claim, the other person must be at fault. They may have been directly to blame for your injury, such as hitting your vehicle while operating their vehicle illegally. They can also be to blame for your accident if they have been negligent in the upkeep of property where your accident occurred.
When you suffer an injury due to the negligence or recklessness of another, it can be overwhelming to manage the physical, emotional, and financial consequences that can result. Whether you were the victim of a car accident or fell on someone else's property, you may feel stressed and confused about what to do next.
When someone accidentally causes harm, either directly or indirectly, a personal injury suit can force the negligent party to compensate the victim for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
At Attkisson Law Firm, we are known as reliable and compassionate litigators because we fight for our clients as if we were representing ourselves. We explore every angle to make sure our clients get the full and fair compensation they need and deserve.
Only you can tell when you're in over your head after an accident, but our attorneys can make sure you don't stay that way. See how our team can help you. Call (937) 230-8330 or contact us online today.
How To Identify a Top Personal Injury Lawyer
Finding a personal injury lawyer should not be done in a hurry. Here are some tips for finding the right personal injury lawyer to suit your needs:
- Ask for Recommendations. Talk to friends and family to see if they have used a certain team of lawyers in the past.
- Schedule a Consultation. After you get a list of lawyers together, you should call and schedule a consultation with a couple of them. Never hire a lawyer over the phone. You want to talk to the lawyer face to face so that you can see how comfortable you feel with him or her. If at any time during a consultation you feel that the lawyer does not have your best interests at heart, you should end the interview and move to the next interview on your list.
- Discuss the Facts of Your Case. This will help any potential lawyer determine if he or she thinks that you have a case. A reputable lawyer will be upfront about your chances at a successful case.
The most common form of personal injury lawsuit comes after accidents on the roadway. There are many other incidents and accidents that can cause catastrophic injuries, though.
Some of the most common types of personal injury claims include:
- Car accidents: Often involving distracted, drunk, or reckless drivers.
- Truck accidents: Due to fatigued driving, poor visibility (blind spots), driver error, improper load balancing, mechanical failure, trucking company negligence, and more.
- Pedestrian accidents: In crosswalks and along the sides of roads.
- Bicycle accidents: Caused by inattentive or distracted drivers, failure to yield right of way, dangerous roads, and more.
- Motorcycle accidents: Often caused by distracted, fatigued or intoxicated drivers operating passenger vehicles, and large commercial trucks.
- Dog bites: Attacks caused by aggressive and/or unrestrained dogs, either at someone’s house, the park, or on the street.
- Premises liability: Injuries caused by unacceptable hazards around residential or commercial property.
- Wrongful death: Claims filed by the deceased's surviving family members or estate representative.
Whether you were involved in a minor fender bender or a serious rollover crash, any accident can leave victims with several serious, permanent, or disabling injuries, such as incurable back injuries and brain damage.
At Attkisson Law Firm, we will negotiate with the insurance companies to ensure that you receive the full compensation you deserve. If necessary, we will take the case to trial and prove your argument before a jury. In the past, our legal team has been able to recover millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients. We will take care of every part of the claim process — from gathering medical records to representing your best interests at the negotiation table or before a judge. Let us worry about legal matters while you just focus on getting better.
If you would like to schedule a free consultation to meet with one of our attorneys and discuss your injury claim, contact our Dayton personal injury law firm by calling (937) 230-8330. We can come to you if leaving your home is not reasonable or safe due to the extent of your injuries.