Truck Accident Lawyers in Springfield Fighting for Your Compensation
With so many large commercial trucks on the road, getting into a truck accident is unfortunately common. These large commercial vehicles can cause a lot of damage, especially to cars and motorcyclists on the road. And while it should be easy to recover compensation for your injuries and expenses, trucking companies often make it difficult for individuals to get the payment they deserve.
At The Attkisson Law Firm, we believe that all truck accident victims should recover damages for what they have gone through. Our team is experienced in truck accident cases, and we know how to fight for your rights and advocate for you in or out of court. For a free consultation and to learn more about our legal services, call (937) 230-8181 today.
What Are the Common Causes of Truck Accidents?
A truck accident can happen for various reasons, but there are some common causes to be aware of.
Commonly, commercial vehicle accidents are caused by:
- Inexperienced truck drivers. While many truck drivers have years of experience on the road, new truck drivers may still need to learn how to handle a large truck. This can lead to dangerous situations and motor vehicle accidents.
- Truck driver fatigue. While truck drivers are required to rest for a certain number of hours before driving again, some drivers and trucking companies ignore this requirement in favor of more profit. An exhausted driver can fall asleep at the wheel, causing a truck crash.
- Defective truck parts or maintenance issues. Commercial vehicles need to be appropriately maintained. Poorly maintained trucks may fail and cause dangerous conditions on the road.
Whether your truck accident was caused by the scenario above or something else entirely, give us a call today. Our team of Ohio truck accident attorneys will look at your case and review your legal options with you.
Why Are Truck Accidents More Dangerous Than Other Motor Vehicle Accidents?
Any motor vehicle accident can be dangerous, but truck accidents can potentially cause severe injuries and even fatalities. Because commercial vehicles are so large, other automobiles on the accident scene usually sustain much more damage than in a typical car accident.
If you are suffering from minor or severe injuries, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team of truck accident lawyers. We are here to assist you so you can focus on recovering while we seek compensation on your behalf.
When Would a Trucking Company Be Liable?
While there are rules and regulations that trucking companies must abide by, many truck accident claims are able to hold a trucking company liable. A court may request payment from liable parties if it is proven they were negligent or disregarding regulations.
In the following scenarios, a court may hold truck companies liable for a truck accident:
- Not doing proper truck maintenance, including vehicle inspections and taking unsafe vehicles off the road
- Encouraging truck drivers to stay on the road for longer hours
- Failing to screen truck drivers for drug and alcohol use regularly
- Overloading or improperly loading trucks with excessive cargo
- Asking truck drivers to drive in unsafe conditions, like poor weather
What Kind of Compensation Can I Recieve?
In a truck accident case, the amount of compensation you can receive depends on the nature of the accident and how the accident occurred. However, even for complicated truck accident claims, there are some common types of compensation that you can request payment for.
You may be able to request compensation for the following:
- Medical attention
- Physical recovery
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death claim
And more. Truck accident cases are all different, and your payout can vary widely. It’s essential to speak with a truck accident lawyer knowledgeable about your case to receive a fair settlement.
Should I Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer?
Getting into a truck accident is a frightening experience and can leave you with severe injuries and emotional damage. An experienced truck accident lawyer will handle the legal side of your case so you can focus on your physical and mental health instead of paperwork or negotiations with liable parties.
At The Attkisson Law Firm, our team of truck accident lawyers is here to help you get fair compensation, whether through an insurance company or by filing a truck accident lawsuit. Your truck accident attorney will only get paid if you win your case, so you can rest assured that you are getting the best legal representation possible. For a free consultation, call (937) 230-8181.