Car Accident Lawyers in Springfield Fighting for Your Compensation
Car accidents are becoming increasingly common with so many vehicles on the road. Any motor vehicle accident can be incredibly damaging and may leave you with medical expenses, property damage, and serious injuries. After an accident, you deserve to rest and recuperate while you focus on recovering from your injuries. Unfortunately, pursuing a car accident claim on your own without a lawyer can be a time-consuming and expensive battle.
At The Attkisson Law Firm, we are dedicated to handling all of your legal needs while you focus on your mental and physical health. Our experienced team has a winning track record and knows precisely how to recover compensation on your behalf via the legal system. Whether it means negotiating with an insurance company or receiving a settlement offer in court, we are dedicated to getting you the maximum compensation that you deserve. For a free consultation, call (937) 230-8181 today.
What Are the Common Causes of Car Accidents?
Car accidents are caused by many factors, especially with so many drivers on the road. However, some common instances cause car accidents.
Our team can help you with a car accident caused by:
- Excessive speeding
- Texting while driving
- Driver error
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence
- Poor road design or road conditions
- Uninsured motorist
And more. No matter the cause of your motor vehicle accident, we are here to help. An Ohio car accident lawyer will assist you in making a car accident claim and going after the other driver’s insurance company or your own insurance company to recover any of your losses.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Recieve?
Many times, the compensation you can get depends on the nature of the accident and how severe your injuries are. However, there are some common types of compensation you may receive payment for.
These things include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
And more. Even if you don’t see the compensation needed for your car wreck listed above, give us a call today. We can look at your case and go over your legal options to make a car accident claim.
What is Considered a Serious Injury in a Car Accident Case?
Serious injury cases handle severe injuries where the injured victim receives a life-long or catastrophic injury. These cases can be more complex but can also award an injured victim more compensation.
Some examples of serious injury include:
- Spinal cord injuries or paralysis
- Amputation or loss of limb
- Failure or loss of internal organs
- Burn injuries and scarring
- Broken bones or fractures
- Loss of sight or hearing
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussions
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
Whether you were in a minor car accident or a major one, taking the proper steps afterward can help prove who is at fault in court.
Be sure to take these steps after a car accident:
- Exchange information with the other driver. Be sure to get the driver’s name, license plate number, and their insurance company.
- Contact law enforcement if the accident involves property damage or injuries. The police will make a report of the accident, which can help in court later.
- Gather witness statements and get contact information from anyone who saw the car crash.
- Take photos and videos of the car accident to help prove what happened later.
- Seek medical attention if you are injured, and record how much you spent on medical expenses. You can also request your medical records at a later time.
- Contact car accident lawyers in your area. Pursuing a car accident claim on your own can be difficult and may not be the best way to receive compensation. Reach out to an attorney right away to protect your rights.
Should I Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
Auto accidents are becoming unfortunately common. After a car accident, the last thing you want to do is focus on recovering money and filing paperwork. With a car accident lawyer on your side, you can let an experienced attorney focus on your car accident settlement for you.
At The Attkisson Law Firm, we offer free consultations and only charge you money once you win your case. After you receive a fair settlement, we will take a small percentage as our fee. That way, we don’t get paid until you do.
Please don’t feel like you have to go through this challenging time alone. Call today at (937) 230-8181 to learn about your legal options and how we can help you.