Truck Accident Lawyers in Cincinnati Helping You Recover Damages
If you drive a passenger vehicle, getting into an accident with a commercial truck can be very scary. These large trucks and big rigs have become increasingly common on the road, so truck accidents are rising. Whether you’re dealing with minor injuries, severe injuries, property damage, or pain and suffering, you deserve to focus on resting and recovering rather than fighting for fair compensation.
Our team at The Attkisson Law Firm comprises experienced truck accident attorneys who know how to recover compensation on your behalf. If you are pursuing a truck accident case, don’t feel you have to do it alone. Call (937) 918-7555 for a free consultation and to learn more about how we can help you.
What Are the Common Causes of Truck Accidents?
The trucking industry has many rules and regulations to follow while employing truck drivers. Unfortunately, not all trucking companies follow these regulations, which can lead to dangerous accidents.
As truck accident lawyers, we often see the following scenarios that cause truck accidents:
- Distracted driving. Truck drivers may use navigation systems to find their way around unfamiliar areas. Looking at a navigation system or a cellphone can cause drivers to neglect the road around them.
- Equipment failure or mechanical failure. Commercial trucks require proper maintenance to work correctly. If the truck driver or trucking company has not hired maintenance companies to check the vehicles, they could cause dangerous situations.
- Driver error. Experienced truck drivers often know their way around commercial vehicles. Newer truck drivers may not have that experience and could cause dangerous road conditions due to errors.
- Drunk driving. A truck company is usually required to test drivers for drugs and alcohol upon hiring and at regular intervals. If the company does not, it’s possible for drivers to drive under the influence.
No matter what caused the truck accident you were in, our team of Cincinnati truck accident lawyers are here to help. We will evaluate your case and where the accident occurred to present you with your best legal options moving forward.
When Would a Trucking Company Be Liable?
Trucking companies have several federal laws and regulations that they must follow to stay in business. In a truck accident, the responsible parties will almost always be the truck driver or the trucking company itself.
In the following scenarios, the truck company would likely be liable for a trucking accident and would have to pay for personal injury claims:
- Permitting drivers to stay on the road for longer than what is allowed. Truck drivers follow strict timelines to avoid tiring themselves out. If a company encourages employees to disregard regulations, they could be held liable.
- Poor vehicle maintenance. Trucking companies are required to maintain working vehicles and take non-functioning vehicles off the road.
- Overloading or improperly loading the trucks with excessive cargo.
- Not screening drivers for drugs and alcohol upon hiring and at regular intervals from then on.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Recieve After a Truck Accident?
After a truck crash, there are various damages you can request compensation for. Depending on the nature of your accident and what your Ohio truck accident lawyers recommend, you may be able to seek compensation for some common things.
You can seek compensation for expenses like:
- Medical bills for minor or serious injuries
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
Depending on the nature of your personal injury case and the truck accident, you may be able to request financial compensation from an insurance company, the truck owner, the truck driver, or other liable parties.
Should I Hire a Truck Accident Attorney?
Focusing on your recovery should be your primary goal if you have suffered injuries after a truck accident. Negotiating with insurance companies, filing paperwork, and fidgeting with a large trucking company for compensation can add stress you don’t need. Hiring a team of Ohio truck accident lawyers lets us take care of the legal side while you focus on recovering.
At The Attkisson Law Firm, we won’t charge you unless you win. Our truck accident lawyers will personally fund your legal fees until you get fair compensation. After that, we will take a small percentage of your earnings as our payment. Simply put, we don’t get paid unless you do, which means your best interests are our best interests.
Call us today at (937) 918-7555 for a free consultation and to learn more about how we can help you.