Fatal Car Accident Attorneys in Dayton
Demanding Justice for Those We Have Lost
Losing a loved one in a fatal car accident can be devastating. What’s worse is when the other driver was intoxicated, distracted, or committed a traffic violation that led to the fatality. If your loved one was killed due to someone’s negligent or reckless driving, then you deserve compensation for your losses and a way to seek closure.
The Attkisson Law Firm provides comprehensive legal services for the families of loved ones who were killed in a car wreck. Our law firm can take on your case and fight to get a fair settlement from the insurance company. You cannot get your family member back but filing a wrongful death claim may allow you to gain some much-needed financial relief and see that justice is done.
Contact us today for a free consultation with a fatal car accident attorney in Dayton, Ohio.
Fatal Car Accident Cases We Take
When it comes to car accidents, each case is different. As such, your family needs to be able to share their story and pursue compensation that reflects your actual losses.
We take on a wide range of fatal car accident cases, such as:
- Passenger vehicle accidents
- Commercial auto accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist claims
We can listen to your case, answer your questions, and go over your legal options. Your family doesn’t have to feel alone during this difficult time. Contact our law firm, and let’s get started with your case.
Establishing Liability in a Wrongful Death Case
From your perspective, it may seem obvious who is at fault for the loss of your loved one. However, insurance companies are not easy to deal with, as they can often make an accident case more complicated than it has to be.
We investigate your case to establish liability by providing the following types of evidence:
- Eyewitness statements
- Accident and/or police reports
- Video footage and/or photos
- Medical reports prior to death
- Expert testimony
Our legal team can put together a strategy that clearly establishes who was at fault for the death of your spouse or family member. The evidence we provide will make it difficult for the insurance company to turn down your claim.
How Much is Your Wrongful Death Claim Worth?
When someone dies in a fatal car accident, your family loses much more than just a vehicle and that person’s income. The long-term consequences of the other driver’s negligence go far beyond those tangible losses.
As such, you may be able to claim financial compensation for the following in a wrongful death case:
- Pre-death medical bills: If your loved one was taken to the hospital in an ambulance or underwent extensive medical procedures, you may be able to claim those, as well as other related medical expenses. Make sure you keep all of your medical reports, bills, and receipts.
- Funeral expenses: Your family may have to pay all funeral expenses, such as viewing and burial costs, service fees, hearse transportation, embalming, casket, and other preparations. The average cost of a funeral today is between $5,000 and $15,000. You may be able to account for all of the costs associated with burying your loved one.
- Pain and suffering: When a loved one dies, it can affect your family’s standard of living and finances. You may be able to claim lost income, lost retirement, loss of consortium, and/or loss of parenting. In addition, you may also be entitled to compensation for emotional and mental distress for the suffering the deceased experienced before passing away.
How much your case is worth depends on the circumstances of the accident, who was at fault, and the full extent of your losses. Although it is impossible to determine the exact value of your losses without first reviewing your case, our law firm will fight to get you the maximum compensation possible.
Contact Us Today for a Free Case Evaluation
When it comes to losing your loved one in a fatal car accident, you don’t have to settle for the insurance company’s decision. As car accident and wrongful death attorneys in Dayton, Ohio, we can help you take on the insurance company and fight for a fair settlement. Contact The Attkisson Law Firm today to schedule a free case review.